Hummus Spread Recipes
ALFALFA HONEY & LEMON HUMMUS
- 2 cups - Garbanzo beans
- 6 T - lemon juice
- 1/4 cup - canola olive oil blend
- 2 T - sesame tahini
- 1 oz. - garlic clove, minced
- 2 T - kosher salt
- 1 T - local honey
In food processor pulse beans, juice, tahini and olive oil until smooth paste. Peel and cut jicama into sticks.
Place 1 cup of hummus into appropriate vessel, garnish top with extra virgin olive oil, local honey and smoked paprika. Serves with jicama, celery & carrot sticks.
Recipe courtesy of Daven Wardynski, Regional Executive Chef, Omni Amelia Island Plantation Resort
SWEET AND SPICY SPREAD
YIELD: Makes 3 cups
- 1/3 cup - olive oil
- 2 T - honey, such as wildflower, orange blossom or clover
- 1 - large lemon, juiced, with zest from lemon
- 3/4 cup - tahini
- 1/4 cup - white vinegar
- 1 - red beet, roasted and peeled, quartered (should equal 1/2 lb. after roasting and peeling)
- 16 oz. can - chickpeas (garbanzo beans), drained
- 1 clove - garlic, peeled
- 1 - jalapeno pepper, seeded, quartered
- 1/4 tsp. - sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. - ground black pepper
- 1 part - feta or queso fresco, crumbled
Place ingredients for spread into a blender in the order listed; secure lid.
Select the lowest speed and slowly increase to high, blending for 45 seconds to 1 minute until desired consistency is reached.
Serve sprinkled with crumbled topping.
Recipe courtesy of Chef Bev Shaffer - Manager, Recipe Development at Vitamix